Atherton is a small rural, residential community, with no industrial land-use base. Native live oaks, white oaks, bays, redwoods, cedars, pines, and other ornamental trees cover the six square miles of town. Holbrook Park offers some recreation with ball fields, tennis courts and picturesque walking paths, plus a square for festive gatherings. Some of the peninsula’s finest homes are found in Atherton, situated in this charming community settings. Most of the homes are on large lots, giving a sense of privacy.
There are lots of community and seasonal events that residents enjoy, such as:
- Bark for Life is a Halloween family event that includes our furry family members
- Easter Egg Hunt is time for the little ones to scramble for some Spring goodies
- Library Ice Cream Social and Book Exchange is a great chance to catch up with neighbors and share a passion for reading
- Tennis Center Carnival has been a great event for young and old
- National Night Out is a chance to meet the townsfolk
Some of the best schools will be found in this area. Please use the link below to discover what schools and ratings best pertain to your area of interest.
MLS area map of Atherton
Here is a map and list of the various areas in Atherton, by Multiple Listing Services. I like to drive my clients around each area so they can decide which areas they would like to focus on.
MLS Area Numbers:
290 Alameda to 280
291 El Camino to Alameda
292 Middlefield to El Camino
293 Lindenwood Area
Home valuation Update- Click here to get a quarterly report of the home prices in this city, provided by Keller Williams.