A wonderful “country” town with lots of open space and forested hills. Plenty of deer make this town their home too. Many homes on the sloping hillsides offer amazing views of the bay. There’s so many great places to eat, and a lot of great things to do in town. One thing Belmont is not famous enough for is Notre Dame de Namur University. NDNU (formerly College of Notre Dame) is the only comprehensive university in San Mateo County, but many seem unaware of its presence or importance. Driving up Ralston Ave, many don’t realize there is a full college campus up the hill, offering bachelor through doctoral degrees! Another great find is Twin Pines Park. This park is easy to miss, but features open space trails, a terrific multi-use field, picnic area with BBQ grills, a playground and a stage which hosts regular music events! There are also rental facilities here-a lodge and cottage- plus the Belmont Senior Center and the Art Center.
Here are some great things to do in Belmont:
- Get some dolmades at the Belmont Greek Festival, then get some more!
- Indulge yourself in chocolate at the Chocolate Fest
- Attend the Save the Music Festival or summer concerts in Twin Pines Park
- Hike or bike at Water Dog Lake, or find your path in the newer open space at San Juan Canyon
- Go ice skating
- Pick up organic fruits at the farmers market
- Discover an original cuisine at Off the Grid, at Caltrains station
- Lunch at any of the excellent restaurants at Carlmont Shopping Center
- Enjoy a wine dinner at Vivace Ristorante
- Get some work (or play) done using the excellent library wifi, and enjoy any of the special events hosted there.
Belmont schools are some of the best. Click here to find out about the schools in each area.
Here is a map and list of the various areas in Belmont, by Multiple Listing Services. I like to drive my clients around each area so they can decide which areas they would like to focus on.
MLS area map of Belmont
360 Belmont Woods
The Knolls of Belmont
361 Haskins Estates
362 Belmont Country Club
Antique Forest Homes
Bella Vista Gardens
Notre Dame Heights
Notre Dame Park