Burlingame is a fantastic city with a revived downtown, a vibrant bay front shoreline, and many beautiful historic homes. Once a summer destination for San Francisco’s wealthiest, it has long been one of the most attractive places to live. My office is near downtown, so I spend a lot of time enjoying Burlingame. It is the town my husband is from (and his parents still live).
Here’s some of the things I love best:
- My Keller Williams office on Howard at Primrose
- Burlingame Avenue-revitalized with an expanded sidewalk allowing al fresco dining. Lots of great shopping and restaurants
- Broadway also has excellent shops, restaurants, cafés and services
- All the top hotels along Bayshore Blvd
- Lots of great restaurants and bars lie along the shoreline, offering plenty of exciting night life opportunities
- The main branch of the public library, which is a centerpiece of town, has series like: Family Fun Nights, Adult Summer Reading Club and Filmfests
- Washington Park is big and beautiful, and hosts the annual event Music in the Park
- Burlingame On The Avenue features art and more
- The Pez Memorabilia Museum is worth a nostalgic look
- Kohl mansion is beautiful, and has many great events, like Music at Kohl Mansion, a regular chamber concert series
- The Train station is historic, well preserved and beautiful (both Broadway and Burlingame stations are worth checking out!)
- The Farmer’s Market on Park Ave is a great place to pick up some local produce
- The Holiday Parade and Tree Lighting Ceremony brighten up the town, and shops stay open late to celebrate with eggnog and spiced cider
- The Burlingame Parks and Recreation Department has several tennis courts and bocce ball courts available for rentals
- The Burlingame Criterium bicycle race is held annually near downtown. My brother-in-law is a two-time winner!
Of course Burlingame has many great schools. I encourage you to click the link below to find answers to your questions about school ratings and boundaries.
MLS area map of Burlingame
Here is a map and list of the various areas in Burlingame, by Multiple Listing Services. I like to drive my clients around each area so they can decide which areas they would like to focus on.
- 460 Burlingame Park
- 461 Burlingame Downtown Area (Oakgrove to Peninsula)
- 462 Lyon-Hoag
- 463 Oak Grove Manor Burlingables
- 464 Burlingame Gardens Corbett, Villa Park
- 465 Burlingame Terrace-Easton Addition
- 466 Burlinhome/Easton Addition #2,#3,#5
- 467 Burlingame Gate Burlingame Grove
- 468 Ingold Millsdale Industrial Center
Millsdale Industrial Park
Edwards Industrial Park
- 469 Burlingame Village
- 470 Ray Park
- 471 Burlingame Hills Skyline Terrace
- 472 Mills Estates
Home valuation Update- Click here to get a quarterly report of the home prices in this city, provided by Keller Williams.