Foster City is where I first bought a home when I moved into California. It is an attractive modern city with lagoons and bay views providing a watery backdrop for picturesque scenes. I love Foster City for so many reasons. Here’s just a few:
- There are small parks tucked away in many communities. They are easy to miss, but children and dog walkers know them.
- You can dine at various ethnic cuisines in numerous shopping centers.
- Walking the Bay Levee Trail that surrounds the city is a great way to meet and make friends.
- You can go boating on a warm summer day, or a cool evening. Foster City is like the Venice of the Peninsula, with waterways surrounding so many communities. Boat and kayak rentals are available.
- Watching the fireworks show from the water at Leo Ryan Park is amazing! Of course, it’s excellent from the shore too. And the Lions Club is always selling concessions.
- You can catch a play or musical at Hillbarn Theater, one of the gems of the Peninsula!
- Leo Ryan Park hosts many terrific events, including summer concerts!
- The Art and Wine Festival brings a friendly crowd every year.
- You can go wind surfing or play golf at Mariner’s Point.
- The Vibe is a “cool” and safe place for teens to hangout, and is always happening.
- Several international markets offer authentic spices, fruits and sauces.
Many families move to Foster City for the schools. The link below may provide you with all the information you need about which areas are serviced by which schools, scores, etc.
MLS area map of Foster City
Here is a map and list of the various areas in Foster City, by Multiple Listing Services. The streets are grouped by type (like “birds,” fish” or “ships”) so you can always tell where you are. I like to drive my clients around each area so they can decide which areas they would like to focus on.
390. Neighborhood #7 Sea Colony/Longwater/ Pitcarin/Plum Island/Alden Crossing/Alden Park/ Williams Landing/Antigua
391. Neighborhood #8 Dolphin Bay/Port Royal/ Nantucket Cove
392. Neighborhood #9 Isle Cove/Shell Cove/ Edgewater Townhomes
393. Neighborhood #5 The Islands/Bayporte/Winston Square/Winston Village
394. Neighborhood #6 Harbor Side/Whalers Cove/ Whalers Landing/ Ponderosa Shores
395. Neighborhood #4 Marina Point/Sand Harbor Sand Harbor South
396. Neighborhood #3 Carmel Village/Marina Green
397. Neighborhood #2 Bay Vista
398. Neighborhood #1 Treasure Isle/Admiralty/ Bay Breeze
399. Neighborhood #11 Vintage Park/Lincoln Center
400. Neighborhood #10 Metro Center/City Homes/ Spinnaker