Redwood City is a truly remarkable town. The downtown has been transformed into a hub of culture and activity, centered around Courthouse Square. There are so many wonderful activities to attend that one can simply “chance it” on a weekend night to go there and likely find something entertaining going on. There is a theater, cinema and clubs in the area. Plus the downtown has amazing restaurants and pubs. I have several favorites and I haven’t come close to trying them all. The cuisine is diverse, so there is likely something for everyone. Redwood City has one of the most active calendars you might find anywhere, with concerts and filmfests, holiday specials and cultural shows, etc. Some of the peninsulas most desirable homes are located in areas like Emerald Hills.
Here’s what I like to do in Redwood City:
- Go dancing to a hot cover band at Music on the Square
- Eat fantastic food at any of the many restaurants in downtown
- Find a neighborhood gem, like Canyon Inn
- Take in a symphony at the Courthouse Square
- Go (with members) to the Elks Lodge (the Golf Course is open to public!)
- Catch some tunes at Music in the Park
- Watch Ballet Folklorico dance at Fiestas Patrias
- Buy yard supplies or flowering plants in any of the garden centers
- Have a pint of ale and some bratwurst at Octoberfest
- Shop along Main Street or Broadway, or at the larger stores along 101.
Click this link to learn about Redwood City Schools
MLS area map of Redwood City
Here is a map and list of the various areas in Redwood City, by Multiple Listing Services. I like to drive my clients around each area so they can decide which areas they would like to focus on.
REDWOOD CITY RC
. 330 Dumbarton Eastern Addition North Fair Oaks Redwood Village
. 331 Lenolt Sweeny Addition Town of Mezesville
. 332 Horgan Ranch Leahy Terrace Oakwood Park
. 333 Central Park Kensington Square Montgomery Subdivision Redwood Terrace Sterling Heights Woodside Terrace
. 334 High School Acres Lexington Park Redwood Highlands
. 335 Farm Hills Estates Highlands of Emerald Lake Newell Park
. 336 Cordilleras Heights Emerald Lake Heights Emerald Lake Park Pinecrest Manor Whipple Tract
. 337 Clifford Heights Eaton Meadows Laurel Terrace Maxwell Tract Palomar Park