San Carlos is one of the most desirable places to live on the Peninsula, and is one of my favorite places. I love the wonderful downtown in San Carlos. It’s a cute and fun place to stroll on a sunny afternoon, and the weather is usually perfect here. I have found some of my absolute favorite restaurants on Laurel Avenue. There are also wine bars and some excellent beer pubs too! This strip has some terrific little shops, notably avoiding the usual Big Box stores in favor of mom-and-pop shops. I always prefer that! My dad likes to play bingo at the Community Center. I also like the antique shops in town.
Here are some of my favorite pastimes that I hope you will explore in San Carlos:
- Hot Harvest Nights farmers market on Laurel Avenue, featuring a great selection of local and organic produce during the summer months
- Annual Art and Wine Faire-we never miss it
- Dining along Laurel Avenue, and watching waiters carry dishes across the street to other restaurants!
- Microbrews and fantastic wines at so many places
- Music in the Park features some of the best local talents
- Christmas and Halloween displays along Eucalyptus Avenue-should not be missed!
- Edgewood Park trail system is our favorite hiking places for a variety of landscape to climb, and to watch rabbits and deer
- Hiller Aviation Museum is an incredible display of flying machines and a terrific destination for young and old
Click this link to learn about the great school systems.
MLS area map of San Carlos
Here is a map and list of the various areas in San Carlos, by Multiple Listing Services. I like to drive my clients around each area so they can decide which areas they would like to focus on.
SAN CARLOS SCL
350 Alder Manor Country Court
San Carlos Estates
351 Beverly Terrace
Brittan Acres Devonshire Estates San Carlos Estates Sunset Highlands Brittan Heights
352 El Sereno Corte Grover Oaks
St. Francis Park
White Oaks #2,#3,#4
353 Howard Park
Lyon & Hoag Oak Park Sunset Highlands #2
354 Clearfield Park North Redwood Subdivision
355 Cordes Garden Terrace
Greenberg San Carlos Park Spring Valley Estates