There is so much to love about San Mateo. It is a very eclectic city, with lots of different pocket areas and distinct neighborhood attributes. With much to discover in San Mateo, I hope you will do a lot of exploring!
Here’s some of the things I love best about San Mateo:
- Downtown-for shopping and diverse restaurants
- Beresford Park- especially for the community garden, Chanteloup Field and spacious picnic area
- Central Park-check out the Japanese garden and tall statues
- Laurelwood Park and Sugarloaf Mountain-hiking up the mountain, and figuring out how to come back down
- Coyote Point-to pass a sunny afternoon at CuriOdessey, picnicking and watching yachts.
- Dining anywhere in the city-pick a nationality!
- Wine Walk in downtown (red for me, please!)
- Driving up Crystal Springs Rd-its like being in the country
- Walking Sawyer Camp Trail along the lake-mostly level, and entirely beautiful
- Watching the cute children going on an Easter Egg Hunt in Central Park
- Driving Norfolk Avenue to check out holiday light displays
- Cocktails after catching a movie in downtown
- Dining on Peninsula Ave then making my way to a show at San Mateo Performing Arts Center.
- Picking up organic groceries from local farmers at the Farmer’s Market at CSM-probably the best on the Peninsula!
While Hillsdale and Bridgepointe are two excellent malls, with most everything you need, I really appreciate mom and pop stores and unique neighborhoods. Some of my favorites are 25th Avenue, Palm Avenue at South Blvd and 37th Avenue.
There are many schools in San Mateo, most of which are quite excellent. Please use the link below to determine which schools or areas will best meet your needs. This website will probably tell you everything you need to know!
MLS area map of San Mateo
Here is a map and list of the various areas in San Mateo, by Multiple Listing Services. I like to drive my clients around each area so they can decide which areas they would like to focus on.
SAN MATEO SM
410 Other Mariner's Isle
411 Edgewater Isle
414 South Shoreview
415 North Shoreview Dore Cavanaugh
416 Bowie Estate Manor Park Woodlake
417 Eastern Addition Downtown Area
418 19th Avenue Park Sunnybrae
419 Hayward Park
420 Fiesta Gardens /Trinta Park /Fairgrounds Bay Meadows
421 Lakeshore #1
422 Los Prados
423 San Mateo Village Glendale Village
425 Westwood Knolls Hillsdale Shopping Center
426 Park Western Subdivision Hillsdale
427 Beresford Manor San Mateo Villa Blossom Health Manor
428 San Mateo Terrace Beresford Glenwood Heights Peninsula Golf Club Area
429 San Mateo Knolls Laurel Creek Farm
430 Laurelwood DeAnza Heights Sugarloaf
431 San Mateo Woods Bayridge
432 Baywood Park Baywood Vista Starlite Heights Enchanted Hills
433 The Highlands /Ticonderoga
434 Foothill Terrace /Vernon Terrace /Ashwood /Aragon Terrace
435 Homestead/Husing Subdivision
437 Baywood Knolls
438 Baywood /Parrott Park
439 San Mateo Park /El Cerrito Park