You ask me, what are the things I most love of my cabin in the woods?
- The hand-hewn logs of century-old redwood heartwood that will never be seen again;
- The view through the back windows into the tops of the tall redwoods, especially in the morning;
- The Skylonda community, its occasional cohesiveness, and the pride residents take in being part of it;
- The drive downhill in the morning through the clear air;
- The colorful flatlanders recreating on their bicycles;
- The ferns, wood sorrel, trillium, fairy lanterns, and other forest flora;
- The townsend's and wilson's warblers, varied and hermit thrushes, and other forest migrants;
- Hosting friends at BBQ's on the back deck and dinners in the living room;
- The tranquil quiet at night as I soak in my hot tub.